The most commonly used connection type as for uploading your supplier's product data into your online store is the URL source. Usually, the URL your supplier provides you contains CSV, XML, XLS(X), JSON, or TXT file formats, and the supplier updates it daily.
Here is some help how to find the URL of the product data feed file on your supplier's site:
- Log in to your supplier's webpage and look for these or similar pages: Dropship, Wholesaler list, Data, Product Data, XML data, CSV data, etc.
- Or you can send an email to the supplier:
"I want to sell your products in my online store. Do you have a product data feed file that is updating daily? (CSV, XML, XLS, JSON or TXT file)"
Why is it better than the file upload method?
If you add the file manually to Syncee, you can't automate the process, can't schedule the task, as the data in the file will not change. However, if you add a URL, Syncee will be using this URL to get the file daily, automatically. There is no need to add the URL every day manually.
If you have the URL, you can add this to a Syncee Import task the following way:
- Create an Import task in the DataFeed Manager
- Choose the URL as a Connection type.
- Add the URL, click on the Upload button. (Enter the username and password before uploading if your supplier secures the Datafeed. (Ask the supplier about them, because it is usually different from the login details you use to log into their website.)
- Set the file Settings, and click on the upper Save button
If your supplier gives more than one file, for example, 1 for the products, 1 for the inventory, and 1 for the pricing click on the blue plus icon on the top of the page, and Syncee will treat them as one complete file. You have to map the file fields correctly. The most important thing is that one import task must belong to just one supplier.
Secondly, all files that you add need to contain a column that Syncee can use to merge data. This can be SKU or barcode.
If you have any issues, try to search for it in our Help Center or feel free to contact us.