The most commonly used type to get supplier product feed file is when the supplier gives you a URL to the file. Usually, this URL contains CSV, XML, XLS(X), JSON or TXT file formats and the supplier updates it daily.
Here is some help how to find the URL of the product feed file on your supplier's site:
- log in to your supplier's web page and search this or similar pages: Dropship, Wholesaler list, Data, Product Data, XML data, CSV data, etc.
- You can write the supplier an email and ask him this:
"I want to sell your poducts in my online store. Do you have a product feed file, which is updating daily? (CSV, XML, XLS or TXT file)"
Why is it better than the file upload method?
If you add the file manually to Syncee you can't automate the process, can't schedule the task, as the data in the file will not change. However, if you add a URL, Syncee will be using this URL to get the file on a daily basis. There is no need to manually add the URL every day.
If you have the URL, you can add this to one Syncee Import task the following way:
- Start an Import task.
- Choose URL as a File source
- Add the URL, click on Download
- Set the file Settings (don't forget to click Done to save the settings)
- Enter the username and password if your supplier secures the data feed. (Ask the supplier about them, because it is usually different from the login details you use to log into their website.)
- Click on the Done button to save the added File URL settings.
If your supplier gives more than 1 file, for example 1 for the products, 1 for the inventory and 1 for the pricing, click on the "Add more files" option and Syncee will treat them as 1 complete file. You just have to map the files correctly in the "Field Mapping" step. The most important thing is that, one import task must belong to just one supplier.
Secondly, all files that you add need to contain a column that Syncee can use to merge data. This can be SKU or barcode.
If you have any issues, try to search for it in our help center or feel free to write us.