At the bottom of the "Field Mapping" step of the Syncee Import Task wizard, you can see the "Update Options".
These update options are very important when you are using the Update or Upsert Import Task types, or when you are updating the uploaded products in the task.
One thing you need to be aware of is that the update options refer to every product in the import task.
In order for Syncee to find the products you would like to update, you will need to use the ID chain icon in the first section of the Mapping step. You will need to mark the group ID/product ID/product reference among your supplier fields. It should be the data that remains unchanged in case of product variants. It can be the product SKU or Title and Syncee will use it to identify variants.
Lets see the options one by one.
1. You can select what you would like to do with the products Syncee uploaded previously. You can leave them untouched or set their quantity to 0 or hide them from your shop.
2. You can select what you would like to do with the products Syncee uploaded previously but their quantity is 0 in your source file. You can hide them from your store or just set their quantity to 0.
3. This is one of the most important settings in Syncee. Here, you can select the data that Syncee should use to identify the products in your store that you have uploaded previously. You only have to set this if you didn't upload the products with Syncee, or if you uploaded them in another task. If you select "Do not compare" Syncee will upload and update everything from your source file without searching for duplicate products in your store. If you know that you already have products in your Shopify that is also included in the source file, please choose the field Syncee should use to identify them. It can be by product SKU, Barcode, Handle (The name of the product in your URL) or by product title.
4. You can select how you would like Syncee to identify product variants from your store. You only have to set this, if you didn't upload the products with Syncee, or if you uploaded them in another task. You can set it to "Do not compare" and Syncee will upload or update everything from your source file without comparing the products to your Shopify store inventory. Or, you can choose to identify them by variant SKU or variant Barcode.
5. Here you can select the product details you would like to update every time when the task is run. Choose those fields that can vary in your source file.
6. The last update option on this page is that you can choose if you do not want to update any of the fields mentioned here. Syncee will not update the selected fields when you run the import task.